Types of Water Damage
Here are a few different types of water damage:
- Sudden or accidental damage
- Sewer backup or water backup
- Storm-related water damage
- Leaking pipes over time can cause damage to ceilings, floors, or walls.
- Mold, rot, or corrosion.
- Flashing, shingles, or deterioration on the roof.
- Seeping coming from cracks in the foundation that leaks into the home.
- Poor repairs or lack of repairs.
WATER DAMAGE CAN BE A HASSLE! BUT WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE IT CAN BE EASY AND QUICK.
THERE ARE DIFFERNT TYPES OF WATER DAMAGE CATEGORIES SUCH AS:
TYPES OF WATER DAMAGE CATEGORIES:
Clean water or Category 1
Category 1 water damage is water damage from broken pipes, overflowing sink, or rainwater. Health risks associated with category 1 water damage is low, provided, you respond to the situation in less than 48 hours.
On most occasions, overlooking the fact that water damage can cause major headaches if left unattended escalates the situation.
Category 1 water damage if left untreated for more than 48 hours gets exposed to different contaminants which can turn it into category 2 water damage.
Greywater or Category 2
Some common sources of greywater are equipment discharges, chemical wastes like detergent, laundry, and soap. Category 2 water damage can pose mild to severe contamination risks. Greywater can promote microbial growth and the severity of the condition usually escalates with time. Both direct and indirect exposure to greywater damage can affect your personal health and property.
Blackwater or Category 3
Waters from sewers or water containing grease, oil, urine, etc are ideal examples of black water. Presumably, this water type hoards bacteria, viruses, and other toxic allergens, which makes it contagious.
The vulnerability of getting an infection or illness post direct or indirect exposure to black water is more than 90%. It is mandatory to exercise special caution when dealing with black water.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE
IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP 24/7 JUST CALL (909)514-1900
Storm News/ Storm Damage
Low temperatures were set to reach 40 degrees over the weekend in the area. Meanwhile, 3 million Californians awoke Friday morning to a winter storm warning stemming from the storm that first rolled into the Golden State the day before, leaving more than 100,000 customers without electricity.
As much as 5 feet of snow may fall in some mountains near Los Angeles, creating whiteout conditions as winds gust to 75 mph. The conditions raise the risk of avalanches, according to forecasters.
Heavy snow wasn't the only concern in California. Forecasters say they're worried about torrential rain leading to flash flooding in downtown LA, where parts of the city are expecting up to 8 inches of rain.
During extremely cold weather or winter storms, staying warm and safe can be a challenge. Winter storms can bring cold temperatures, power failures, loss of communication services, and icy roads. To keep yourself and your loved ones safe, you should know how to prepare your home and your car before a winter storm hits.
- Weatherproof your home.
- Have your chimney or flue inspected each year.
- Install a smoke detector and a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector.
Do you know someone who has been impacted by a storm disaster? Or perhaps you and your family were the ones affected by storm damage? No matter who it is, it can be a scary, emotional, devastating experience. But there is hope. There is help;
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP 24/7!
JUST CALL (909)514-1900
LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED!
Mold grows in damp, warm conditions without much airflow. It is often caused by humid conditions and lack of ventilation. It can generally be characterized by black spots. These can spread over larger areas if left untreated.
Mold can look like spots. It can be many different colors, and it can smell musty. If you see or smell mold, you should remove it. You do not need to know the type of mold.
To Prevent Mold Growth in Your Home
- Keep humidity levels in your home as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. You can buy a meter to check your home’s humidity at a home improvement store. Humidity levels change over the course of a day so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure the air in your home flows freely. Use exhaust fans that vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home fully and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after a flood.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting. You can buy mold inhibitors at paint and home improvement stores.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried right away. Think about not using carpet in places like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
If the mold is widespread, leave it to professional experts. They have advanced training and techniques to completely eliminate the mold infestation and restore the property without risk of further growth or dispersal.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP
24/7 JUST CALL:
Common Sources of Home Fire:
- Cooking equipment malfunctions, food items left unattended while being prepared and other human errors in handling, installing or operating devices in the kitchen
- Heaters, boilers and furnaces that aren’t properly maintained, are overstressed, incorrectly installed, not kept up to code or not regularly serviced (space heaters are a particular cause for concern if not used correctly
- Improper disposal of cigarettes or other smoking paraphernalia
- Candles burning unattended
- Electrical wiring that is incorrectly installed or malfunctioning
- Lithium batteries sparking, overheating or combusting
- Faulty, degraded or overstressed extension cords.
- Inadequately stored chemicals, natural gas cannisters or accelerant-soaked rags
The goal of fire restoration is to remove any trace that there was a fire in the first place. Fire restoration work involves making sure that the building is structurally sound and utilities are restored to working order. Anything that was affected by the fire is repaired, cleaned, or replaced with the objective of removing any toxins, traces of odors and/or discoloration.
Beyond the fire damage restoration service, smoke and soot can be toxic, creating a hazardous situation. Even if a fire is contained in one area, smoke and soot can travel throughout a structure. Our professionals are highly-trained, with the experience, tools, and knowledge to clean up fire damage and remove the smell of smoke. In keeping with our goal to restore your home and cherished possessions to their pre-fire condition, we use appropriate personal protective measures to safely clean, deodorize and restore your property.
Just Call (909)-514-1900
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE
READY TO HELP 24/7
Biohazard Clean Up
Biohazard Cleanup Service
The biohazard cleanup process generally involves the following steps:
- Evaluating the conditions of the scene
- Securing the affected area and blocking it off from the unaffected parts of the structure or property
- Removing all visible contaminants
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing the scene
- Performing tests to confirm the scene no longer poses a health risk
Those who provide biohazard cleanup services must undergo thorough training to do this type of work. They must also use special tools and protective equipment to handle potentially dangerous substances safely.
In the event that your property needs hazmat, trauma or crime scene cleanup, SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE can help you. This type of situation requires competence, experience and respect for all involved. Our skilled professionals will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances. Once the police have completed their investigation of a crime scene, cleanup and restoration can begin. This involves an assessment of your property to determine the proper equipment and cleaning products needed.
What to Do:
- Above all, preserving further loss of life and property is essential following the stress of a crime or other accident.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Stay out of the areas that have been affected by the event as there may be potentially dangerous hazardous materials left behind.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
What Not to Do:
- Attempt cleanup of any kind.
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
JUST CALL (909)-514-1900
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE
IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP 24/7
Highly Trained TechniciansSERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA, EPA protocols and health regulations.
Residential House Cleaning Service specializes in cleaning your home. Services include cleaning floors, walls, windows, and more in kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, and other rooms.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/ GRAND TERRACE Have trained professionals for all your carpet & upholstery cleaning, ceilings, floors,walls, drapes, blinds, window treatments.
Our professional carpet and upholstery cleaner can remove deep-seated dirt and grime to keep your carpet and rugs looking their best and extend their lifespan
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE'S highly-trained professionals know how to inspect and test fabrics to determine which of their many cleaning methods is most appropriate.
One area of cleaning many homeowners dread is the ceilings, walls, and floors. Because they make up the frame of each room inside your home, they get exposed to the common irritants of daily life such as pet dander, cigarette smoke, grease, dirt, and dust.
OUR TRAINED PROFESSIONALS HAVE ALL THE TOOLS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE QUICKLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
JUST CALL (909)514-1900
SERVPRO OF COLTON/ LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE ARE READY TO HELP 24/7
Wildfires have gotten bigger and more frequent in recent years and damage homes, businesses, and other stuctures, leaving business owners and commercial property owners with catastrophic and expensive losses. There is no reason that the property owners or businesses have to pay for repairs or deal with unreasonable insurance companies who try to underestimate the losses.
Fire and smoke may have caused partial damage to the property and water damage may be other damage the property. Evacuation orders or road closures may have affected business income. Inventory affected by smoke which means damaged inventory as well as lost income. Depending on type of business or property there may be losses and there are coverages. There may have been water drop by helicopter or water used as one of the methods to fight the wildfires and fire on the property. If your business or property completely or partially burned there may be details in your insurance policy as to what will be covered and what will excluded on your policy. Details such as maximum payment per tree, other structures and what is considered other stucture, maximum payment for loss of business income and many more.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE will:
- Evaluate existing insurance policies in order to determine what coverage may be applicable to a claim.
- Business Income and Extra Expense Coverage to pay for the actual loss of income due to a covered loss. Extra expense for additional expenses the business may incur during the period of restoration.
- Research, detail, and substantiate damage to buildings and contents. Detailed inventory of furniture, fixtures, tenant improvements.
- Photograph and document all damages.
- Give notice to your insurance carrier about the loss by Letter of Representation.
- Determine values for settling covered damages. Prepare scope and content valuation.
- Prepare complete inventories of business property, detailed unit cost recronstruction estimates of property damages, lost business income projections and extra expense.
- Prepare, document, and support the claim on behalf of the insured.
- Attend all meetings and inspections with your insurance company or its representatives.
- Negotiate maximum settlement with the insurance company on behalf of an insured with your consent.
Wildfires don't have to be a hassle to deal with. With the help of our professionals that are ready to help 24/7 you will not beat our work
Just call (909) 514-1900
Highly Trained Fire and Water Restoration Specialists
Our fire damage restoration professionals have the expertise and equipment needed to get the job done to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE will help you navigate the insurance claims process and coordinate the necessary paperwork for a quicker, easier experience.
Flood Damage To Homes
FLOOD DAMAGE TO HOMES
Water damage in the home is often caused by a small problem that worsens over time. Issues such as a leaky pipe, roof damage, or even condensation can lead to extensive damage to your home if not noticed or not addressed. It's crucial to properly repair water damage as quickly as possible. Failing to do so can result in the growth of harmful mold and bacteria within the home. It may also invite bugs and pests into your home, as these creatures are attracted to damp areas.
Sometimes a serious incident such as a burst pipe can lead to major flooding or standing water within the home. In this situation, you'll first need to remove the water. Then you will need to completely dry the impacted area of your home before repairing the damage left behind. Flooding or standing water can cause significant damage to your home, which often means a high price to get it resolved. Luckily, this type of damage is often covered by your home owners insurance policy which means a small out of pocket expense for you.
Reliable Water Damage Experts
Water damage restoration and water damage cleaning is not something that you want to attempt yourself. A Wet Vac isn't going to get the job done. Water damage, if not treated properly, can cause long term structural damage and many health hazards due to mold and bacteria. When water enters your premises, time is your worst enemy. Given the right circumstances, mold will start to grow in a short time. Water removal and drying the premises quickly is critical to prevent the growth of mold.
Our trained staff will immediately evaluate the situation, determine the best and quickest way to remove the water and properly dehumidify the premises. We monitor the relative humidity and moisture content during the dehumidification process in order to efficiently return your property to its preloss condition. Our staff is expert in taking the pain out of this type of unfortunate event. We can return your home or business back to normal in minimal time and withthe proper precaution to avoid risky contamination from a flood damage. SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE; are highly-trained professionals are close by and customer-focused. We want you to be back in your restored home as quickly as possible. Whether you have minor storm damage or something larger to deal with, we have the experience and the equipment needed to cleanup and restore your home and help get life back to normal following storm damage.
Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
The SERVPRO system has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
JUST CALL SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE AT (909) 514-1900
Commercial Cleaning Services
Commercial Restoration Services
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE helps commercial customers with a wide variety of cleaning, construction and restoration projects, both large and small.
As the #1 choice in the cleanup and restoration industry, we can help you every step of the way. From immediately after the disaster to returning your property to its preloss condition, we want to make the process as smooth as possible.
Catastrophic Restoration SpecialistsWhen your commercial property is suddenly hit with damage due to a storm, flood, fire or other disaster, it can leave you, your employees and customers in shock. It’s important to know that you have professional large-loss specialists to handle the restoration process as quickly as possible so that you can get back to business. SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE'S Disaster Recovery Team is an elite team of technicians. We’re strategically located and prequalified to respond Faster to any size disaster.
Our Disaster Recovery Teams are composed of elite technicians who have the training and resources to handle large-loss events for industries that have included hospitals, universities and government facilities.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE IS ALWAYS READY TO HELP 24/7
JUST CALL(909) 514-1900
Heat Wave/Wild Fire Damage
Heat Waves Can Cause Infrastructural Damage
As heat causes metals to expand, heat waves can lead to major infrastructural defects. Power transformers can detonate causing fires. Water lines can burst to cause the loss of water and water shortage. Heat waves can also induce the kinking or buckling of railroads. Highways can melt or develop cracks in extreme heat. For example, two traffic lanes in Oklahoma City, US, had to be closed during the 2006 North American heat wave after they buckled under the heat. Blackouts resulted during this event due to damaged power transformers.
Climate change, caused by society’s activities, is undoubtedly the factor that has aggravated heat waves and forest fires. Higher ambient temperatures cause melting to start earlier, leading to drier and more flammable biomass in forests. Recent studies clearly indicate that these increases in the frequency of heat waves and forest fires.
Heat wave fire/forest fire damage to home:
Flames and smoke from wildfires can affect the following areas of the home or business property, including:
- Fabrics (carpets, rugs, clothes, upholstery) may become discolored
- Furniture can be damaged, depending on the material used
- Walls may become damaged by heat transfers
- Windows can become discolored or warp
- Plants and soil may become harmed or contaminated by smoke
- Concrete can crack because of dehydration or prolonged heat-exposure
- Roofs may become damaged by burning embers drifting from nearby flames
Taking the Right Precautions
If you find yourself in an area which may become affected by a wildfire and / or its smoke, it may be tempting to stay in your property to combat damage. However, it’s vital to remember that your safety, and those of your loved ones and pets, has to come first.
Take any essentials you may need and leave the property together, taking the safest route possible. Depending on the wildfire’s path, your home or business may well avoid the worst of it, enabling you to move back in in only a few days.
However, regardless of the amount of damage you believe your home or business site may suffer, you can take certain steps to reduce the effects. Some of them may be more obvious than others, but they can all contribute:
- Move any combustible objects or materials away from the outside of the property; anything which may ignite or be flammable only adds to the danger posed.
- Keep every window and door shut, to combat smoke and soot penetrating the property as much as you can.
- Be sure that any external furniture is either covered or moved inside, to try to stop them becoming damaged; outdoor furniture can contribute to the overall cost of replacing goods.
- Avoid throwing damaged items away, as some may be able to be repaired or cleaned.
- Switch off your air conditioning systems.
SERVPRO OF COLTON/LOMA LINDA/GRAND TERRACE
IS READY TO HELP 24/7 JUST CALL (909)514-1900
After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition.
Highly Trained Fire and Water Restoration SpecialistsOur professionals have the expertise and equipment needed to get the job done to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.